Join Our Team!
Now hiring a Housekeeping Assistant
Must be willing to perform a variety of simple, repetitive tasks, have practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a nursing facility, be organized and detail in work performance, have good communicated skills with excellent self-discipline and patience, and have genuine care for our residents.
Job Responsibilties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining a facility that is neat in appearance and odor free at all times.
- Follow a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual cleaning requirements.
- Clean (including vacuuming, wiping, mopping, polishing, etc.) rooms, offices, and common areas; polish and straighten items; confirm residents’ rooms are safe, comfortable, and maintained in an attractive manner and residents’ personal items are safeguarded.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with facility established sanitation procedures.
- Clean up spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or directed.
- Follow an uninterrupted work schedule when Supervisor is not available.
- Follow special cleaning schedule such as windows, walls, curtains, stripping floors, washing beds, etc.
- Maintain a cleaning cart fully equipped with needed supplies.
- Assist with transferring resident and belongings, (bed, furniture, etc.) from one room to another.
- Extensive cleaning of the residents room upon discharge or death of a resident.
- Report any damage of walls, floors, furniture, equipment etc. to supervisor.
- Pick up cleaning supplies for next days work at the end of the shift.
- Follow cleaning schedules as outlined in Housekeeping Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain work area free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills, excessive supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintain work and storage areas in a clean, neat, sanitary and safe condition. Properly clean and store all equipment and supplies.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
Ahava Healthcare of Alabaster offers a rich benefits package including:
- Competitive Wages
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Daily Pay Advancement
- Leaders Credit Union Enrollment
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Ancillary Insurance
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Referral Bonuses
- Continuing Education
- Career Jumpstart
- Engaing Orientation & Training Program
We look forward to having you join our Alabaster team!