We Are looking for an Activities Assistant to join our skilled nursing facility in Premier at Susquehanna in Millersburg, PA!
You would conduct activities for residents, under the direction of the Director of Activities.
Shift: Full Time
The Activities Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Assists residents to accomplish normal activities of living, ex: writing letters, making phone calls, registering to vote, etc.
- Assists with record keeping of residents’ progress and activity attendance.
- Assist mail delivery, escorting residents to the activity programs, flower/plant care within the facility, pet/fish care, preparation of monthly newsletter, fund-raising efforts, and making morning announcements over P.A. system.
- Directs or carries out a program of activities which will provide entertainment, inter-communication, exercise, relaxation, and opportunities to express creative talents and fulfill basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs as planned by the Activities Director.
- Provides the resident with craft supplies, materials, and equipment and supervises patients during craft activities.
- Helps the residents to utilize their potential by encouraging them to work on crafts, paints, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
- Previous long-term care or experience working with the elderly or disabled is desirable
- Available to work every other weekend and holidays
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Days Off (“PTO”)
- PTO buy-back (Available to non-management only)
- Paid Holidays
- Group Health Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance, and for Child or Spouse
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- STD, LTD, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance
- Shift Differentials
- Weekend Differentials
- Holiday Pay Options
- Career Development Options
- Potential for Education Debt Reduction
- Nationwide Transfer Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee-Assisted Programs