We are currently seeking an Activities Director for our skilled nursing home facility at Fairlane Gardens Nursing at Rehab in Reading, PA!
You would plan, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Activity Programs as directed by the Administrator, to ensure that the emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
Shift: Full time
SMS us for a rapid response 717-803-2980 – People Powered.
- Plan and schedule movies, parties, games, projects, crafts, resources, and field trips for residents at least one month in advance
Identify and monitor the spiritual, social, recreational, and emotions needs of residents through routine interviews, visits, and consultations with residents and their families
- Encourage residents to develop physical and educational skill through participation in activities
- Ensure nursing supervisors assist residents with the selection of activities in compliance with physicians’ orders.
- Responsible for resident shopping requests
- Assist in managing the smoking program
- Coordinate resident council meetings on a monthly basis
Posting to PCC on resident activities
Education & Qualifications
- Certified Activity Director with experience in Long Term Care preferred, or previous work experience under a Certified Activity Consultant is desirable
- Have certification in NCCAP
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Days Off (“PTO”)
- PTO buy-back (Available to non-management only)
- Paid Holidays
- Group Health Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance, and for Child or Spouse
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- STD, LTD, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident insurance
- Shift Differentials
- Weekend Differentials
- Holiday Pay Options
- Career Development Options
- Potential for Education Debt Reduction
- Nationwide Transfer Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee-Assisted Programs