Gurwin Healthcare System is a full continuum of care providing extraordinary care and caring to the people that we serve. Set on a 34-acre campus in Commack, NY, the Gurwin Healthcare System includes the 460-bed Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, providing short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care, memory care, respiratory and ventilator care, palliative and hospice care, social and medical adult day programs, and on-site dialysis and infusion therapy. Sharing the campus is Gurwin’s Assisted Living community (Gurwin Jewish ~ Fay J. Lindner Residences), our Certified Home Health Agency, and our soon-to-be-built independent living community (Fountaingate Gardens). Our Gurwin Licensed Home Care Services Agency has an office in Farmingdale, NY
Full-time Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Our innovative philosophy and growing services offer opportunities to advance your career. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for our Home Care Division with adult experience who will embody the passion and commitment required to deliver the ultimate care for our patients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A current New York State Nursing License.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in nursing is preferred.
- Previous home care experience is required.
- Comfortable with laptop/tablet and integrating them into a home visit.
- Cover the service area from Smithtown/St. James out to Rocky Point/Wading River area, south to Centereach/Coram.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel to patients' homes to make home visits.
- Ability to make clinical and managerial decisions within the scope of professional nursing practice and to perform clinical procedures completely and independently.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:.
- Planning, coordinating, provision and evaluation of health care to patients who are admitted to the CHHA Program.
- Ability to recognize when a resident is in pain and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinating services to assure that patient's needs are met.
- Reviewing reports from all involved disciplines, re-evaluate needs and plans as indicated.
- Coordinating information to all professional team members and agencies involved in the care of the patient.
- Establishing realistic goals and methods for goal achievement with the patient/family and other caregivers through a coordinated patient care plan, which clearly outlines all the professional services and support modalities in use.
- Delivering direct nursing services and its documentation.
- Maintaining complete and current records reflecting all aspects of the patients' care.
- Supervising workers providing health and personal care services through periodic visits to patients' homes, including assessing care delivery according to the nursing care plan and evaluating the workers' competence.
- Notifying the patient's physician of any change in the patient's condition.
We offer an excellent salary, dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package.