Rose City Nursing & Rehab is seeking an Activities Assistant to join our skilled nursing facility in Lancaster PA!
You would conduct activities for residents, under the direction of the Director of Activities.
- Part-Time (30 hours a week)
- The Activities Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Assists residents to accomplish normal activities of living, ex: writing letters, making phone calls, registering to vote, etc.
- Assists with record keeping of residents’ progress and activity attendance.
- Assist mail delivery, escorting residents to the activity programs, flower/plant care within the facility, pet/fish care, preparation of monthly newsletter, fund-raising efforts, and making morning announcements over P.A. system.
- Directs or carries out a program of activities which will provide entertainment, inter-communication, exercise, relaxation, and opportunities to express creative talents and fulfill basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs as planned by the Activities Director.
- Provides the resident with craft supplies, materials, and equipment and supervises patients during craft activities.
- Helps the residents to utilize their potential by encouraging them to work on crafts, paints, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
- Previous long-term care or experience working with the elderly or disabled is desirable
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including:
- Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care,
- Telemedicine Program,
- Flexible Spending Accounts,
- Health Savings Account,
- Company-Paid Group Life Insurance,
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability,
- 401(k) Savings Plan,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- Commuter Benefits,
- and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick).
Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service