Gurwin Healthcare System is a full continuum of care providing extraordinary care and caring to the people that we serve. Set on a 34-acre campus in Commack, NY, the Gurwin Healthcare System includes the 460-bed Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, providing short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care, memory care, respiratory and ventilator care, palliative and hospice care, social and medical adult day programs, and on-site dialysis and infusion therapy. Sharing the campus is Gurwin’s Assisted Living community (Gurwin Jewish ~ Fay J. Lindner Residences), our Certified Home Health Agency, and our soon-to-be-built independent living community (Fountaingate Gardens). Our Gurwin Licensed Home Care Services Agency has an office in Farmingdale, NY
Our innovative facility and growing services offer opportunities to advance your career. We are currently seeking full-time and part-time CNA's to work 3:00pm - 11:15pm who will embody the passion and commitment required to deliver the ultimate care for our residents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
•Current certification in New York State Nurse Aide Registry (not expired or lapsed).
•No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment, exploitation, neglect, or misappropriation of resident property listed on the Registry against them.
•One year long-term care experience and CPR certification preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs a variety of services for geriatric residents under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse:
1. Assists with personal care services and Activities of Daily Living for residents under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse, including:
* Bed baths, showers, tub baths and shampoos, perineal care, oral hygiene, hair and nail care (non-diabetic), and any other personal hygiene or resident care ordered/required for the wellbeing of the resident.
* Toileting - including understanding and applying knowledge of bowel and bladder training regimens, gives and removes bed pans and urinals as needed, distributes drinking water and nourishments, assists with resident's meals including transporting to dining room, distribution and collection of trays and feeding residents. Routine am and pm care.
2. As assigned by the team leader or charge nurse, the CNA is responsible for the following related duties:
* Maintaining non-patient areas (i.e. tub room, utility room, etc.) in a neat and orderly condition, as assigned. o Assisting with admission and discharge procedures.
* Answering residents' call lights.
* Performing errand services for nursing unit as needed.
* Maintaining resident's living area, consisting of bed, bedside table, overhead table, wheelchairs, geriatric chair clothing drawers and closets and bathroom storage area in a clean, orderly manner.
3. Observes and reports information related to changes in patient's condition or patient's responses to care to the team leader or charge nurse including:
* Measuring and recording fluid intake and output.
* Taking and recording temperatures, pulses and respiration's.
* Obtaining routine specimens: urine, stool and sputum.
* Testing urine for sugar and acetone.
* Administering routine enemas.
* Obtaining and recording resident's weights.
* Assisting residents in and out of bed, chairs and stretches; lifting, turning and positioning residents, applying principles of good body alignment.
We offer an excellent salary, dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package.