Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility located in the scenic Hudson Valley, is seeking and per-diem Receptionist with a positive attitude and a commitment to caring to join our team of healthcare professionals.
Come work where your skills will be appreciated and where you will truly make a difference! Ten Broeck offers a competitive new rate structure, flexible schedules, and generous benefits!
JOB SUMMARY: Answer main switchboard calls, greet visitors, provide clerical support.
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or be in process of obtaining a diploma.
Experience: Multiline switchboard experience.
Job Knowledge: Multi-line switchboard, word processing, typing.
Other: Must have a pleasant phone voice, personality, and appearance. Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language. Responsible for actively demonstrating Ten Broeck’s “PRIDE” philosophy of professionalism, responsibility, integrity, dedicated service, and excellence.
- Front line representative of the facility to incoming callers and personal contact with all visitors, physicians, vendors and potential residents and their families.
- Answer all incoming calls and directs them to appropriate extensions.
- Receives and logs incoming clothing for labeling purposes. Coordinates same with Housekeeping Department.
- Maintain Log for Fed Ex. And Airborne incoming and outgoing mail.
- Screens for personal calls
- Provides word processing and typing support to facility.
- Type resident’s wrist bands.
- Greet all visitors and politely answer questions
- Ensure that visitors use sign in/out log.
- Assures safety of the residents at all times.
- Verbally assist and redirect residents who ask or need assistance in the Main lobby area.
- Observe front doors, stop residents from exiting. If a responsible party attends the resident, inquire if the resident has been signed off the unit and verify with the unit. If unattended, stop resident from exiting and notify supervisor.
- Observe TenBroeck Center Park video camera display to ensure resident safety. Notify supervisor if a resident is attempting to exit out of secure area or if a resident needs assistance.
- To receive, sort, and distribute mail to appropriate parties.
- Assist with all outgoing mail.
- Assist admissions with records and resident information card files.
- Functions as back up contact to Fire and Police Departments in emergencies and announces such emergencies and instructs during in house emergencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to redirect residents.
- Hearing to be able to answer phone and hear person on the phone.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and manner with internal and external contacts.
- Function appropriately in environment with frequent interruptions.
- Treats residents/patients with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Is cooperative and considerate to fellow employees.
- Is available and willing to assist as needed.
- Is neat, clean, and properly attired as per dress code.
- Upholds Ten Broeck’s Code of Conduct, conducting myself in an ethical and legal manner and assuring that quality of care is provided to our residents in compliance with all of Ten Broeck’s, New York State, and federal regulations.