Come work where your skills will be appreciated and where you will truly make a difference!
Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility located in the scenic Hudson Valley, is seeking a Part-Time Full-Time Per Diem Physical Therapist to join our growing sub-acute Rehabilitation program. We are offering new competitive rates, a generous benefits package, and a family-oriented environment.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides skilled Physical Therapy in the facility consistent with professional standards and agency policies. Participates in the development of programs necessary to achieve patient/resident care objectives.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an Accredited Physical Therapy Program. Current New York State License and Registration.
EXPERIENCE: Dependent on the position available
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Understanding of or ability to learn therapy programming in a skilled nursing facility/sub-acute rehabilitation setting.
OTHER: Must be able to read, write, and speak the English Language. Responsible for actively demonstrating Ten Broeck’s “PRIDE” philosophy of Professionalism, Responsibility, Integrity, Dedicated service, and Excellence.
- Completes all documentation required in a timely manner and in accordance with state and federal regulations and facility policies.
- Performs patient assessments and evaluations to determine functional level and establishes appropriate therapeutic programs.
- Develops individualized plans of care to include goals and discharge plans.
- Documents clinical observations including: Patient’s response to treatment, any changes in patient’s condition, treatment program rendered, progress towards stated goals, and any changes in treatment plan.
- Communicates and Coordinates Patient Care with other members of the Health Care Team.
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistants, Rehab. Technicians, Volunteers, and PT or PTA students in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family education related to patient’s Physical Therapy program and plans for discharge.
- Provides Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with Physician orders and accepted professional practice.
- Assists the patient, family, or caregiver to procure needed equipment and supplies.
- Utilizes appropriate hand washing, standard precautions, and personal protective equipment.
- Attends staff meetings and patient conferences.
- Provides proof of attendance at mandatory in-services and training programs.
- Maintains skill and education level by attending continuing education and in-service programs.
- Reports all cases of alleged mistreatment, neglect, and abuse including injuries of unknown cause.
- Demonstrates respect of patient confidentiality.
- Provides formal and informal in-services for other staff as needed.
- Participates in cleaning of department/equipment as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and the ability to reference this information as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of PRI and MDS data collection and RUGS leveling as they apply to Rehabilitation.
- Assist with transportation, if needed, to and from activities.
- Provide assistance with ADLs during activities if necessary.
- Assist resident to participate in individual activities of choice, (i.e.: set up of equipment, positioning assistance, providing sufficient lighting and space).
- Inform residents of various activities available to them even when Activities staff are not available.
- Answers call bells in a polite and timely manner.
- Other Duties as required.
- Work requires frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 20 pounds.
- Work requires regularly lifting and carrying objects weighing 21 to 50 pounds.
- Work requires occasionally performing one-person transfers of patients weighing up to 125 pounds who are stable and able to assist.
- Work requires occasionally participating in the transfer of patients weighing up to 175 pounds who cannot assist, are unstable, or are unpredictable. Patients weighing over 180 pounds should be transferred with a mechanical device when unable to effectively participate in transfer.
- Work requires frequently stooping and bending, pushing and pulling, reaching above the shoulder, sitting, standing, walking, grasping and fine motor manipulation with the hands, proofreading and checking documents for accuracy, and use of computer systems.
Treats residents/patients with respect, dignity, and compassion. Is confidential. Is cooperative and considerate to fellow employees. Is available and willing to assist as needed. Limits tardiness and absenteeism as able. Is neat, clean, and properly attired as per dress code. Uphold Ten Broeck’s Code of Conduct, conducting myself in an ethical and legal manner and assuring that quality of care is provided to our residents in compliance with all of Ten Broeck's, New York State, and federal regulations.
Ten Broeck offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for full time employees which includes:
- Individual and family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Strong TEAM environment that fosters professional growth
- Professional dues in addition to continuing education
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And more!