Community Care is a Licensed Home Care Agency with multiple offices throughout NYS. We are looking for a strong Director of Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement who will oversee the Quality Assurance/Improvement Program. This Program monitors the quality of all business operations and processes, including but not limited to processes for Standard of Care, Quality of Service, Utilization/Authorization Management, and Patient Satisfaction. The Director will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring Quality Assurance/Improvement Programs and for developing quality improvement initiatives to ensure quality throughout the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
Generous compensation and vacation package
Corporate Training and Development
• Develop/update required policies and processes related to quality management.
• Works collaboratively with directors of clinical services, branch managers and others to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations and standards of practice.
• Collaborates with the Compliance team in incident management including the investigations and corrective action plans.
• Coordinate quality assurance and improvement activities for the agency.
• Develop and implement an annual quality management work plan.
• Prepare reports for quarterly QA/QI meetings.
• Review notes, conduct audits and educate staff to assure that there is quality documentation.
• Reviews documentation based on contract requirements including but not limited to VB.
• Monitors documentation trends based on chart reviews and maintains a high standard for documentation.
• Assures current and accurate clinical records in compliance with documentation requirements and program specific rules for coverage and qualifying criteria.
Qualifications and Skills Required
• RN/LPN License
• Three years homecare experience.
• Two years’ experience as Case Manager, QA/QI reviewer, or similar role.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Superior interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, think independently and complete work on a deadline.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
• Strong Word and Excel skills a must, experience with HHAX a plus.
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
• Ability to travel to multiple work locations for trainings and/or audits.
• Ability to work flexible hours as requested/required.