Heritage Lakeside is wonderful facility with 60+ beds that focuses on short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Our team consists of creative, compassionate, and caring individuals making a positive impact on our residents, family, friends, and co-workers. Heritage Lakeside is a proud member of the Rice Lake community and enjoy opportunities to be involved. We are seeking individuals who would like to be a part of our growing community and enjoy making work fun!
COMMON CORE ROLES
Commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values
Exhibits attitudes and behaviors that show a commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations at all times
Demonstrates commitment to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor.
Utilize the mission, vision, and values to determine priorities.
Provides exceptional customer service to residents, families, and co-workers on a daily basis by:
- Listening attentively, empathetically and following up to concerns expressed by residents, families, and coworkers. o Maintains professionalism and composure when interacting with management, employees, residents and families by:
- Complying with all privacy policies and procedures.
- Being inclusive and respectful.
- Working well with others.
- Effectively presents and communicates information and responds to questions from co-workers, residents, families, state auditors, and the general public as deemed appropriate for the position.
Quality of Care
- Accurately and timely completes position specific core roles and responsibilities that impact overall quality of care.
- Ensures that residents receive the best care possible by encouraging open communication with the management team, direct care personnel, residents and families.
- Basic comprehension of 5-star rating and how it relates to position specific roles and responsibilities.
- Follows all community policies and procedures related to investigating, reporting and preventing abuse of vulnerable adults.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Clinical Processes & Procedures
- Ensure that resident's charts are updated and free of errors.
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating to resident diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with the clinical team in establishing a treatment plan.
- Provide direct resident care following the treatment plan, this may include tasks such as administering medication, etc.
- Makes walking rounds between shifts and whenever necessary to supervise and monitor work performance in terms of resident care, staff regulations and efficiency of service.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents. o Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside agencies.
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State Guidelines.
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians and other providers.
- Respond to all emergency situations within the facility.
- Promote rehabilitation nursing on the units.
- Perform physical and psychological nursing assessments on residents when necessary.
- Report all unusual circumstances that may involve the safety and well-being of the residents and staff directly to the DON.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Language / Communication Skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, listen and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer proficiency with software programs and the ability to learn new computer technology and programs.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assist in the treatment of resident injuries, diseases, and deformities.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. O Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Gets along well with others and effectively works with teams.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a Registered Nursing program at an accredited school, college or university.
- Previous experience as an RN in long-term care preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have and maintain an active RN license / registration in good standing on the state registry
- CPR certified
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timeclock usage.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
12 Hour Shifts