Are you a Paramedic looking for a fresh position close to home with flexible schedules? If so, then Lifeline is the place you want to be!!!!! in response to our rapidly growing call volume. Paramedics respond to emergency calls, performing medical services and transporting patients to medical facilities and continue to give care as necessary during the transport of the patient to the hospital. People’s lives often depend on their quick reaction and competent care. Paramedics must be able to maintain their composure in extremely stressful situations in order to assess medical situations and perform emergency lifesaving procedures.
- Provide pre-hospital patient care as outlined in Demca, Hems and OCMCA Standing Medical Orders.
- Respond to emergency medical calls for assistance and provide care that coincides with the Demca, Hems and OCMCA Standing Medical Orders and level of training. Non-emergency calls may be fielded by Paramedic teams depending on call volume.
- Assess a patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment
- Administer medications as outlined in Demca, Hems and OCMCA Standing Medical Orders
- Perform advanced life support measures as outlined in Demca, Hems and OCMCA Standing Medical Orders
- Mentor EMTs that are students in paramedic school (requires 1 year of Paramedic experience and/or Preceptor certification).
What you need to succeed:
- Michigan Department of Public Health Licensure as a Paramedic
- Current CPR and ACLS cards
- Must successfully pass Demca, Hems and OCMCA Paramedic System Entry process
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Consent to a criminal background check
- Must be available for up to 4 day orientation class
- Ability to lift/push/pull at least 150+ lbs.