$10,000 sign on bonus for full-time RNs hired and $5,000 sign on bonus for part-time RNs hired
Full-time and Part-time Positions Available
We are a 120-bed not-for-profit nursing facility, now affiliated with the Gurwin Healthcare System, offering advanced healthcare while providing skilled nursing and rehabilitative services for both long and short term residents. Located on eight beautiful landscaped acres, we also provide sub-acute services, wound care and respite services. The Mission of Island Nursing and Rehab Center is to provide the highest quality of care to all residents/patients in a manner that ensures respect, dignity, compassion, sensitivity and concern.The Vision of Island Nursing and Rehab Center is to achieve the highest level of resident/patient care services by focusing on resident/patient satisfaction and to serve as a center of excellence for our specialty programs, as well as a high-quality provider of care to the elderly and physically frail population in our community.
WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING A $10,000 sign on bonus for full-time RNs hired and $5,000 sign on bonus for part-time RNs hire
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses, who will embody the passion and commitment required to deliver the ultimate care for our residents.
full-time and part time RNs on all shifts (7am-3:00pm, 3pm-11:00pm and 11pm-7:00am)
per diem on all shifts (7am-3:00pm, 3pm-11:00pm, 11pm-7:00am, 7am-7pm and 11pm-7am)
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program with a current license to practice in New York State.
- Demonstrates interest in the special needs of geriatric patients and possesses an ability to integrate principles of geriatric nursing into nursing practice.
- Ability to establish effective interpersonal relations with patients, staff and families.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Education in all areas of long-term care/sub-acute care to ensure competency on all units in the facility
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participating in the nursing care of patients within the scope of the legal definition of the practice of professional nursing.
- Formulating and implementing patient care plans to meet the specialized needs of geriatric patients using nursing assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Administrating direct patient care as indicated by assessment of patient condition and unit needs.
- As the unit situation requires, an RN may be assigned to assume team leader, primary nurse or charge responsibilities under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Assistant Nurse Manager.
- Directing and supervising non-professional staff as assigned.
- Observing, recording and reporting patient data as dictated by departmental policy.
- Participating in unit nursing and inter-disciplinary team activities.
- Administering medications and performing nursing procedures as dictated by departmental policy.
- Attending nursing and other institutional in-service programs and participating in departmental committees as assigned.
- Performing related and miscellaneous duties as directed. In an emergency situation, may be expected to perform unrelated duties.
We offer an excellent salary, dynamic work environment and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance