We are a 120-bed not-for-profit nursing facility offering advanced healthcare while providing skilled nursing and rehabilitative services for both long and short term residents. Located on eight beautiful landscaped acres, we also provide sub-acute services, wound care and respite services.
The Mission of Island Nursing and Rehab Center is to provide the highest quality of care to all residents/patients in a manner that ensures respect, dignity, compassion, sensitivity and concern.
The Vision of Island Nursing and Rehab Center is to achieve the highest level of resident/patient care services by focusing on resident/patient satisfaction and to serve as a center of excellence for our specialty programs, as well as a high-quality provider of care to the elderly and physically frail population in our community.
We are currently seeking a part-time Housekeeper for 3:00pm - 11:00pm (will be scheduled to work every other Sat. and Sun.). The Housekeeper will help assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner, keep resident clothing clean and presentable and maintain an adequate supply of linen at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Keep assigned work areas maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
- Assure that established infection control and universal precautions practices are maintained when performing laundry/linen procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the Director of Environmental Services.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Assure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen is maintained in closets to meet the daily needs of the residents.
- Perform day-to-day laundry functions as assigned.
- Label clothing as required.
- Collect, sort, soiled laundry, garments, etc. and separate those items that require special stain removal/treatment.
- Press/iron garments as instructed.
- Clean floors to include, sweeping, dusting and damp/wet mopping.
- Fold, stack, hand and distribute clean laundry, garments, etc. to residents daily and/or as instructed.
- Discard waste/trash into proper container and reline trash receptacle with liners.
- Attend in-service education as required.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Candidates with experience in a hospital or nursing home preferred.
- Knowledge of the dementia population and dealing with related behaviors.
- Understands written and oral instruction.
- Understands and absorbs new work methods.
- Capable of completing schedules effectively.
- Capable of standing and walking for prolonged periods of time.