$200 SIGN ON BONUS - PAID IN FULL AFTER 60 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT!
- We are now hiring for a full & part-time ASSOC, PATIENT DINING position.
- Location: Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center - 68 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY 11725 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T & P/T; Various shifts available.
- Requirement: Prior food service experience is preferred.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 529554.
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Patient Dining Associates work on assigned units in a healthcare facility, and provide services that include helping patients make menu selections, assemble, deliver and pick-up their meal trays. They are part of the caregiving team, responsible for patient safety and satisfaction goals by making sure meals are accurate and delivered at the right time and temperature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help patients understand their menu selections and work with nursing to ensure sure their orders comply with their nutritional requirements or restrictions.
- Work with the caregivers and culinary team to determine menu alternatives for patients with food allergies and sensitivities; cultural, ethnic and religious preferences; or when a patient inquires about additional selections.
- Manage tray tickets and assemble meals according to each patient’s menu selection in a timely and accurate manner. Retrieve trays from patient rooms at assigned times.
- Complies with regulator agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO. Adhere to facility confidentiality and the patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and procedures.
- Follows Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines when handling food, cleaning work stations and breaking down patient tray line.
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures.
- Assist dietitians, such as helping monitor patients who cannot eat food through their mouth, are on liquid diets or have a specific calorie count to manage.
- Communicate problems or concerns with patients to appropriate personnel in a timely manner, following department procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the Morrison Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations, as well as department sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English.
- Basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, as well as maneuver and push food delivery carts.
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
1000 Washington Street, Suite 510
Boston, MA 021182798
fresh thinking, culinary excellence