$5,000 sign-on bonus for this full-time hourly position!
Come work where your skills will be appreciated and where you will truly make a difference!
Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing, a 258-bed skilled nursing facility located in the scenic Hudson Valley is seeking an energetic, professional, fun-loving Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager for our Memory Care Unit with a positive attitude to join our team.
Ten Broeck offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
This is a full-time hourly position, Monday through Friday, day shift (8 am - 4 pm). Ten Broeck offers competitive new rates, generous benefits, plus a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this full-time position!
Position Summary: The RN Unit Manager ensures that high-quality nursing care is delivered to the residents in an efficient and effective manner through the use of MDS 3.0 and the care planning process. The RN Unit Manager supervises and coordinates activities of the nursing personnel on assigned unit and is responsible for functioning of the unit on a 24-hour basis in a smooth and efficient manner. The position participates with the Director of Nursing in the development and implementation of the philosophy and objectives for nursing service.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current RN licensure by the state board of nursing
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to the health care field
- Knowledge of administrative regulations of the health care field and how they apply to long term care
- Leadership skills in decision making, problem-solving, and interpersonal relations
- Ability to set the climate for cooperation between coworkers and shifts to promote a smooth-running unit
- Supervisory skills supporting the policies of the facility and making decisions consistent with policy in a fair and equitable manner
- Ability to keep up with new trends in nursing and be able to convey this information to others and perform new procedures and use equipment
- Ability to instruct others with clarity, give support and help where needed, and set the climate for smooth cooperation between units and shifts for a smooth-running facility
- Ability to treat residents/patients with respect, dignity, and compassion
- Actively demonstrate Ten Broeck’s “PRIDE” philosophy of professionalism, responsibility, integrity, dedicated service, and excellence
- MDS 3.0 experience