Job Title: Lead Fleet Mechanic
The Mechanic is responsible for working as a team member under the direct supervision of the Shop Manager. Responsible for completing construction irrigation installation jobs in an efficient manner, promoting job worksite safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to lift, push, pull, carry 50 pounds of material or equipment.
2. Ability to stand, kneel and/or bend for a long period of time.
3. Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions: humidity, rain, hot and cold temperatures.
4. Ability to see with or without corrective aids.
1. Must be able to work a 5-day rotating schedule 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. May include weekends and holidays.
2. Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
3. Highly motivated, self-driven, and detailed oriented.
4. Must be professional in appearance and actions.
5. Maintain good attendance record as well as good punctuality.
6. Always obey all company policies and all safety rules.
7. Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment.
8. Must have and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license as well as clear driving record and must pass a criminal background check.
9. Must possess a mechanical aptitude, Diesel Engine, and have 2 years prior experience working on outdoor power equipment, basic truck, and vehicle maintenance and repair.
10. Must have knowledge of 2 cycle, and electrical components on small engine equipment operation.
11. Must be able to diagnose & troubleshoot fuel, ignition & electrical systems.
12. Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
13. Welding experience a plus.
14. +5 years of experience
15. Experience with general auto; small and large equipment mechanic
16. Knowledgeable with Fleet Software
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate and coordinate work with departments.
2. Inspect equipment to determine service & repair needs
3. Perform complete repair and overhaul functions, including routine maintenance services for small tools (electric & gas), Honda, Stihl, Kawasaki and Briggs & Stratton.
4. Maintain and execute service schedules for all company equipment such as skid steers, ride on trenchers, and mini excavators.
5. Test and operate equipment post-repair to verify proper function and ensure equipment does not return "Problem Not Fixed"
6. Performing maintenance and repairs on both trucks and trailers
7. Maintain vehicle maintenance reports for all vehicles and insure that all equipment operates efficiently and safely at all times.
8. Complete preventative maintenance, oil changes, and lubricate equipment
9. Maintain a clean, organized, safe work environment, attend all department safety meetings, identify, correct, and report work hazards.
10. Perform emergency road repairs for vehicles and equipment.
11. Follow all direction given Leadership Team Management.
12. Work as part of a team.
13. Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
14. Identify, correct or report work hazards on job sites.
15. Executes lock out / tag out procedures on small equipment and earth moving equipment.
1 16. Perform other duties as assigned.