$27.00 - $31.00 perHour
Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing is now hiring full-Time Licensed Practical Nurses ( LPN ) and part-Time Licensed Practical Nurses ( LPN ) to join our team! Ten Broeck is a 258-bed facility that is recognized throughout the Hudson Valley for our outstanding delivery of subacute and long-term care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) is responsible to provide direct resident care under supervision of a RN, while adhering to each individual resident’s plan of care and to ensure provision of care for all residents during shift.. They report all cases of alleged violations involving mistreatment, neglect, or abuse, including injuries of unknown sources. We work hard to provide a calm, friendly, and healthy environment for our residents and employees! We currently have a variety of shifts available. Come work where you will truly be appreciated and where you will make a difference. Come work at Ten Broeck!
Life is all about choices…why choose to work at Ten Broeck Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing?
WE OFFER OUR LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES ( LPN ):
· $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL TIME NEW HIRES
· $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR PART TIME NEW HIRES
· $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL TIME EVENING SHIFT NEW HIRES
· Double Weekend program-work two double shifts during the weekends and get paid for a 5th shift!
· COMPETITIVE RATES- Commensurate with Experience and Room for Growth
· Shift Differentials- Up to $3 Extra Per Hour!
· $5,000 Loan toward your first home purchase!
· No Mandating
· 401K with 50% employer match
· Referral bonuses
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF A LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ( LPN ):
· Makes rounds to all residents/patients at least twice a shift and PRN.
· Investigates employee problems/incidents; deals with them according to procedure.
· Notifies the RN of resident/patient problems (medical, physical, psychological, family, and physician)
· Makes rounds with the physician, calls physicians for changes in resident condition (after notifying RN) and transcribes physician orders.
· Handles resident incidents, emergencies, transfers, admissions and deaths, according to procedure and with the assistance of the supervisor.
· Participates in the care planning process.
· Completes all required documentation and paperwork, i.e. Nurse’s Notes, summaries, flow sheets, etc. Completes specific duties as required by shift assignment (i.e. night nurse checks each medical record for any outstanding orders)
· Checks emergency equipment at beginning of shift.
· Counts controlled medications with outgoing and on-coming nurses according to procedure
· Passes scheduled and PRN Medications for each resident; Evaluates the need and efficacy of PRN medications
· Follows all policies and procedures for administering and documenting medications
· Checks orders for accuracy
· Calls the pharmacy on drugs which need to be reordered
· Calls the pharmacy on any discrepancies in medications and documents same and notifies RN
· Keeps the medication room and medication cart clean and in proper order
· Assists charge nurse with summaries, charting, other duties as directed
· Directs and supervises direct care staff
· Monitors meals in the Unit dining room and/or Main Dining Room
· Assists with transcribing physician orders
· Makes rounds with physicians in the absence of another nurse or as assigned
· Contributes to the care plan for residents/patients
· Administers resident/patient treatments as per physician and/or nursing order
· Evaluates the need of PRN treatments for each resident/patient
· Follows all policies and procedures for administering and documenting treatments
· Maintains treatment cart(s) in clean and appropriate order
· Notifies the RN if any discrepancies in treatments
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF A LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ( LPN ):
· Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of 50 lbs
· Must be able to bend, lift, transport equipment and residents.
· Must be able to use computer.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE ( LPN ) QUALIFICATIONS:
· Must have valid Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) State License NY
· Skilled Nursing Experience Preferred
We want to hear from YOU! APPLY NOW!
We are located at 1 Commons Drive, Lake Katrine, NY 12449.