Join our growing TEAM!
Our Hebron location is in need of a housekeeper!
The housekeeper would report to Hebron with FLEXIBLE daytime hours Monday-Friday for 2-3hrs at a time. There is also availability to work FULL TIME hours upon discussion at interview.
Porter-Starke Services is a non-profit community health center with offices in Northwest Indiana, including Valparaiso, Portage, Knox, Gary, and Hebron. Our full continuum of care serves adults, families, adolescents, and children with mental health or substance abuse issues. We treat all clients on individual plans of care, tailored to specific needs. Porter-Starke Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life within our communities. Our mission embraces the external communities where we live, as well as the internal community where we work.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
The staff member must demonstrate knowledge of:
- General understanding of the techniques in housekeeping as outlined in state and government agency regulations.
- Chemicals and cleansers used when performing the duties of this position.
- Health care housekeeping procedures and techniques.
Essential functions include the following.
- Utilizes proper procedures for safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Cleans and sanitizes lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, offices and client rooms.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Dusts furniture.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Basic computer usage.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies or blinds.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels and sills.
- Completes reports as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and experience with a nursing home or hospital are preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, stand, walk, reach, kneel, handle, push, pull, lift or carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Please feel free to visit www.porterstarke.org to learn more about our organization and view other job opportunities.