JOIN OUR TEAM!
Porter-Starke is currently seeking an OUTPATIENT THERAPIST with full-time opportunities available in Valparaiso, Portage, or Knox locations. Here at Porter-Starke we like to promote a healthy work, life, balance and offer FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING, telehealth clientele, as well as an option to work a 4 day work week.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is seeking an Outpatient Therapist to provide services for children, adolescents, and adults. This includes conducting initial diagnostic evaluations, establishing treatment plans, and providing individual psychotherapy. The Outpatient Therapist may also provide group psychotherapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and addictions group counseling based on applicant’s skillset and preferences.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso and serves northwest Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte. Porter-Starke also operates Marram Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with two offices in Gary and Hebron.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- SIGN ON BONUS
- 401(k) with a 20% company matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability
- Employee discounts (cell phone services & YMCA)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- $500/per year stipend for continuing education
- Individual and group clinical supervision at no charge
- Access to ongoing onsite continuing education opportunities free of charge
- Company-wide employee recognition events and anniversary gifts
- Free health screenings
- Employee referral program
THE OUTPATIENT THERAPIST WILL:
- Conduct initial diagnostic evaluation for children, adolescents and adults and develops treatment plan.
- Provide individual, group and/or family therapy as indicated.
- Complete all documentation in an electronic medical record as required by the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in weekly peer consultation with Outpatient staff.
- Participate in weekly staffing with psychiatrist.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service consistent with organizational values of “Integrity, compassion, and responsibility in every encounter.”
- Consistently demonstrate competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Meet or exceed established work deadlines; use time and resources appropriately; meet productivity goals and objectives.
- Adhere to department and organizational policies and procedures; maintains current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; completes required documentation on time and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in mental health assessment and addictions, including provision of individual, group, and family therapy.
- LSW, LMHCA, or LMFTA required
- LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT licensure preferred
- LAC or LCAC licensure preferred
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. and other job opportunities by visiting our website: https://www.porterstarke.org/