We are looking for an ADULT CASE MANAGER to join our Knox team!
$500.00 SIGN ON BONUS & LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM AVAILABLE!
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401(k) with 20% company matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability
- Employee discounts (cell phone & YMCA)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO
- 11 paid holidays
- Educational Reimbursement & Tuition Assistance Programs
- Company-wide employee recognition events
- Free health and wellness screenings
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is seeking an Adult Case Manager to provide case management services and curriculum-based group sessions that assist seriously and persistently mentally ill adults by locating, coordinating, and monitoring necessary care and services. Services may include in-home services, support in skills training, activities of daily living and medication management.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso and serves northwest Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte. Porter-Starke also operates Marram Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with two offices in Gary and Hebron.
VITAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides adult case management services.
- Provides education in skills training.
- Assists clients in personal financial administration.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions and crisis interventions.
- Provides documentation of interventions per department standards.
- Assists clients in meeting their treatment goals.
- Provides appropriate discharge planning and transition to aftercare services.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Plans, organizes and provides a variety of group therapy experiences congruent with treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Initiates, monitors and updates client treatment plans per department standards and in cooperation with treatment team.
- Connects clients to available community resources and acts as an advocate for clients.
- Coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Create group materials, as needed
- Attends staffing, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
- Therapeutic interventions for adults diagnosed with serious mental illness.
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Locating, coordinating and accessing appropriate services and entitlements for client.
- Criteria for enrollment and appropriate regulations to assist clients in maintaining compliance with program guidelines.
- Activities of daily living.
- Formulation of treatment plans, ability to monitor progress, and ability to modify plans to meet client needs.
- Behavior disorders, parenting skills, treatment interventions and crisis intervention.
- Assessing the needs of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Documenting interventions.
- Building and maintaining therapeutic rapport with assigned clients.
- Providing education in activities of daily living for clients.
- Assisting clients in accessing entitlements, such as Medicaid, Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), food stamps, and other resources.
- Assisting clients with medication compliance through self-administering psychotropic medications, or assisted administration.
- Advocating for client's needs.
- Group facilitation.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services discipline is required.
- Previous related experience working in mental health or related discipline preferred.
- Successful completion of OBHP (Other Behavioral Health Professional) educational requirements is required within 3 weeks of hire dates.
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. by visiting our website- https://www.porterstarke.org/