The Psychiatric Technician provides a safe and therapeutic environment for the client’s learning, as well as facilitating improvement in functioning level in an Inpatient Care Center operated by a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Enforces program rules and expectations.
This position is full-time and will work the midnight shift from 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM.
$500.00 sign on bonus and loan repayment program available! Inquire for further details.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso and serves northwest Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte. Porter-Starke also operates Marram Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with two offices in Gary and Hebron.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
- Conducts structured therapeutic group activities and discussions
- Monitors behavior modifications, i.e. timeouts, physical intervention, one-to-one, etc.
- Reports and confers with supervisor on decisions regarding family crisis, changes in behavior modification system and treatment plans
- Prepares paperwork and other documentation, i.e. points, graphs behavior, redline charts, etc.
- Assists in emergency special treatment procedures and provides safe care for the client in seclusion and/or mechanical restraints
- Provides coverage during group activities
- Attends team meetings
- Assesses the client’s strengths and mental health needs accurately and objectively
- Communicates and documents critical incidents to supervisors regarding either employees or clients
- Implements, evaluates and document specific interventions that are utilized to provide client care
- Provides selected therapeutic communication to clients
- Assists clients with personal hygiene
- Maintains and assures client confidentiality
- Interacts in a supportive manner to family members and visitors
- Assists in chart auditing and files paper and documents in chart binders
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (BA, BS, BSW, BSC/BSP) preferred; candidates with an Associate’s degree and relevant professional experience may also be considered.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
ANSA/NOMS certification. CPR and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) are required; organization will provide if not already attained.
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. by visiting our website- https://www.porterstarke.org/