Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is seeking a Behavior Specialist to provide a safe and therapeutic environment for consumer learning and facilitating improvement in functioning level. The Behavior Specialist enforces program rules and expectations and manages day to day tasks of Life House, our residential program.
This position is full-time at our Valparaiso location.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso and serves northwest Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte. Porter-Starke also operates Marram Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with two offices in Gary and Hebron.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
VITAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete weekly assessment utilizing PHQ9 and GAD for appropriate residents
- Complete monthly progress reports with resident at Life House and Davies Home
- Manage work orders (e.g., manage work orders in WorxHub), chore schedule, grocery shopping, case management duties for Davies Home residents
- Training new staff; flows of each shift, streamline, MRO
- Assists patients and their engagement with support systems to enhance recovery efforts (i.e., family, friends)
- Assist to coordinate specialty referrals (e.g., cardiologist, dentist) and communication with primary care providers
- Assist Life House Team Leader with keeping medication sheets up to date (i.e., confirm signatures, staff initials, correct/note med variances)
- Provides direct client care by implementing programs and facilitating and monitoring groups.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment to ensure the safety and well being of consumers and staff.
- Becomes familiar with each consumer's treatment plan relating to placement, interventions and goals and discharge plans.
- Aids in planning, implementing and evaluating services to the consumers.
- Prepares and maintains paperwork and other documentation (i.e. charting, daily report sheets, etc.).
- Plans and/or participates in appropriate recreational activities to promote consumers' well being.
- Provides transportation for Davies Home residents to meet requirements or activities outlined in their overall treatment plans.
- Maintains confidentiality of all consumers.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Promotes a therapeutically healthy environment for all consumers.
- Participates in team programs, staffings, meetings and special projects.
- Develops and revises treatment plans as needed.
- Enforces rules and regulations for appropriate conduct of consumers and visitors.
- Transports clients when necessary.
- Acts as a liaison to community and governmental agencies.
- Complies with policies and procedures related to the care and well being of all consumer, ensuring respect and dignity in treatment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Effects of psychotropic medications.
- Crisis intervention and management.
- Administration of medications and the self-medication process.
- Current policies and procedures of the agency and professional standards.
- Treatment needs, clinical services and therapeutic intervention of consumers served.
Must demonstrate skills in the following:
- Implementing programs.
- Interpersonal communication, decision-making and problem solving.
- Observing, assessing and reporting consumer behaviors.
- Interacting in a supportive manner with consumers, visitors, family members and the community.
- De-escalating and stabilizing consumers in crisis.
- Training consumers in daily living skills and translating treatment plan goals to daily interventions.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
- Associates's/Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services discipline is required.
- Experience working with program population and program environment is preferred.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license to operate an automobile and/or van.
- Must be able to acquire a Public Passenger Chauffeur's License.
- CPR certification is required. *
- CPI training is required. *
*can be provided upon hire
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. by visiting our website- https://www.porterstarke.org/