Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is seeking a PATH/Adult Case Manager to support the PATH (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness) grant and provide medicaid rehabilitation option (MRO) services to support recovery from mental illness and substance use disorders. The PATH/Adult Case Manager provides flexible community based services to people in need.
The position is full-time and based at our Valparaiso location. $500.00 sign on bonus and loan repayment program available! Inquire for further details.
Porter-Starke Services, Inc. is a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso and serves northwest Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte. Porter-Starke also operates Marram Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with two offices in Gary and Hebron.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
- Starting at $17.00 and up based on experience
- Provides street outreach.
- Work with community partners to provide services to homeless individuals.
- Provides case management services and in-home oversight.
- Provides education in skills training.
- Assists clients in personal financial administration.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions and crisis interventions.
- Provides documentation of interventions per department standards.
- Initiates, monitors and updates clients' treatment plans per department standards, and in cooperation with the treatment team.
- Assists clients in meeting their treatment goals.
- Provides appropriate discharge planning and transition to aftercare services.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Plans, organizes and provides a variety of group therapy experiences congruent with treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Drives and transports clients.
- Data entry into Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Timely submission of required data for PATH Grant reporting
- Apply for Social Security benefits through SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR)
- Works in a team setting to manage a caseload consisting of individuals receiving any of the residential services, outreach services or monitoring services necessary to help them live within the community.
- Connects clients to available community resources and acts as an advocate for clients.
- Coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Create group materials, as needed
- Attends staffing, clinical supervision, in-services and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Therapeutic interventions for seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Can identify signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Locating, coordinating and accessing appropriate services and entitlements for client.
- Criteria for enrollment and appropriate regulations to assist clients in maintaining compliance with program guidelines.
- Activities of daily living.
- Formulation of treatment plans, ability to monitor progress, and ability to modify plans to meet client needs.
- Behavior disorders, parenting skills, treatment interventions and crisis intervention.
- Assessing the needs of seriously and persistently mentally ill adults.
- Documenting interventions.
- Building and maintaining therapeutic rapport with assigned clients.
- Providing education in activities of daily living for clients.
- Assisting clients in accessing entitlements, such as Medicaid, Social Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), food stamps, and other resources.
- Assisting clients with medication compliance through self-administering psychotropic medications, or assisted administration.
- Advocating for client's needs.
- Group facilitation.
- Typing and basic computer usage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related human services discipline is required.
- Previous related experience working in mental health or related discipline preferred.
- Successful completion of OBHP (Other Behavioral Health Professional) educational requirements is required within 3 weeks of hire date.
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. by visiting our website- https://www.porterstarke.org/