Morris View Healthcare Center is seeking a full-time Social Worker. The ideal candidate will be compassionate and friendly. Experience working with the geriatric population is a plus. The social services worker is responsible for patient assessments, care planning and assisting families and residents adjust to new surroundings. This position also assists with discharge planning. Works under the direction of the Director of Social Services.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and vision benefits
- PTO-Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Great Work environment
- Room for Growth
- Supplemental insurances available (accident, critical illness, etc.)
- Participate as a member of the team to address Social Service sections of MDS and care plans.
- Maintain social service records
- Complete assessments of new and current residents.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Acts as a liaison between facility and the community
- Maintain accurate records and report on clients’ status
- Proven work experience as a social worker
- Long term care experience
- Social perceptiveness and empathy
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups
- Time management
- Willing to submit to background checks
- BS degree in social work preferred