Our Valparaiso Inpatient Care Center (ICC) is looking for a FULL TIME RN.
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse delivers medical treatment and personal care services to adult clients and recommends and implements all medical policies and procedures for nursing services in an Inpatient Care Center operated by Porter-Starke Services, Inc., a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso, Indiana.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption before they can begin employment.
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
- Interacts with health care professionals and provides necessary care.
- Reviews client’s medication supplies and setup.
- Assesses and develops treatment plans with the client’s outreach coordinator as related to medical needs, medication.
- Reviews and documents client response to medication and health status.
- Assesses physical health of clients and confers with physicians to coordinate care as needed.
- Administers medications including injections.
- Conducts client education programs according to needs identified, including health and wellness education.
- Plans, conducts or coordinates staff development programs based on need and as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as requested or assigned.
- Completes electronic medical record documentation as required.
- Charge nurses will act, under the Director’s discretion, to complete the duties of the Nursing Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Trains and continuously evaluates staff on medication policies and procedures.
- Interacts with health care professionals ensuring safety and well-being of clients.
- Reviews and documents as needed the physical and mental condition of clients.
- Coordinates the staff development programs, maintains records of in-service programs and staff participation and generates periodic reports.
- Teaches specified courses for staff to develop specific skills needed to enhance services provided to clients.
- Conducts client groups in health and wellness.
- Coordinates medication reviews and staffing’s with agency physicians.
- Develops techniques and supervises clients to assure medication compliance when judged necessary by the treatment team.
- Conducts record searches as requested by the treatment team or physician to obtain a history of medications and responses.
- Interacts with physicians, managed care and pharmacy to assist patients with obtaining medication.
- All medical policies and procedures specifically related to the various adult services provided in a community mental health facility.
- Safety regulations for the services of a community mental health facility.
- Crisis and emergency protocols as they apply to the various types of services provided by the organization.
- Pharmacology, medication administration techniques, and medication effects.
- Basic first aid, infection control principles and public health requirements
- The staff member must demonstrate skills in:
- Signs and symptoms of psychiatric disorders
- Interpersonal communication, problem-solving and organization.
- Handling crisis and medical emergencies.
- Interfacing and networking with outside contacts.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from individuals and groups of clients, customers, co-workers and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors of Science or Associates' in Nursing.
2 years’ experience in psychiatric nursing is preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION:
Current Indiana license as a Registered Nurse is required.
Please feel free to visit www.porterstarke.org to learn more about our organization and careers we have to offer