Summary: Stocks and displays merchandise on sales floor of retail stores to attract attention of prospective customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
• Places price and descriptive signs on backdrop, fixtures, merchandise, on floor.
• Accurately, consistently and safely follows directions, is involved in manually lifting and placing cases or bottles of wine and spirits throughout the day. Prepares, constructs and maintains product displays according to schematics, directions and standards.
• Maintains updated account information for all assigned accounts and uses the information to plan and execute the day. Has the necessary POS needed for the day on the truck, returns unused POS to the warehouse promptly.
• Maintains all administrative work in a neat and legible fashion. Copies key personnel on market conditions, refused displays and other customer issues.
• Presents promotional activities and suggestions to customers as instructed by the company. Surveys the account for merchandising opportunities. Have all current sales support sheets available for opportunities to improve Republic’s representation in the store.
• Submits daily activity report and merchandising reports. Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports and records. Reports competitive activity and pricing as it occurs to immediate supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and comprehend directions (such as simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos), write simple correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: Not Applicable
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Requires a current state driver's license
• Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to work overtime when needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed moving mechanical parts, and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.