Qualifications and Competencies
· At least 1 year of operational experience, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
· Good working knowledge of the issues involved in managing a labor-intensive workforce.
· Excellent planning and communication skills.
· Evidence of good level of people and operational management skills including leadership, resource management, planning, negotiation, communication, financial and HR skills.
· Good working knowledge of the statutory and procedural obligations of the business including health and safety, employment and security issues.
· Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and instigate corrective action.
· Flexibility to work on various shifts – Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holiday periods in line with business demand and operational requirements.
· Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 300 stations in 50 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.