Now Hiring 2023 Lab and Cellar Interns! Located just minutes from downtown Portland, Amaterra is a state-of-the-art gravity flow winery perched on the tree-filled slopes of the West Hills. We are looking for passionate and energetic people who want to have fun while making world class wines. Both lab and cellar positions are an integral part of the Amaterra winemaking team and directly contributes to making world-class wines. You will have the opportunity to work with varietals from Oregon and Washington including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Syrah, Marsanne, Rousanne, and Viognier.
Cellar position consists of the following general responsibilities:
- Follow all safety protocols in executing tasks
- Support wine tracking through both paper and electronic means as assigned
- Attention to detail and record keeping
- Execute routine cellar and packaging activities
- Assist in cleaning equipment, facilities (floors/walls), and barrels
- Maintain regular, predictable, and reliable attendance and punctuality
- Read, write, follow, and present oral and written instructions in English
Lab position consists of the following general responsibilities:
- Follow all lab protocols and safety guidelines
- Collect juice and wine samples for analysis
- Analysis includes, but not limited to, pH, TA, and Brix
- Perform additions to tanks and barrels
- Maintain a clean and orderly lab environment
- Assist our Enologist with date entry
Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work extended hours standing, potentially exposed to elements, while doing physical labor. Conditions may include wet and/or cold environments.
- Turn, stoop, bend, stretch, and move equipment
Qualifications & Preferences:
- Passion for wine, winemaking, wine culture
- Wine production/cellar work experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage various types of tasks throughout day
- Attention to details such as cleanliness of process, following of work orders
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of efficiency
- Schedule flexibility throughout harvest with the ability to work 10+ hours days and weekends
- Valid driver license
We are looking to hire individuals whose values align with ours and who believe in doing everything they can to lead by example in safety, compassion, and empathy. If that sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
Check us out at www.amaterrawines.com.