Registered Dietitian (RD)
Buffalo Center is actively seeking a Registered Dietitian to work Full-time for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Buffalo, NY. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a pleasant demeanor and a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition!
Now Offering a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Previous nursing home experience required
- Assess and Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate Residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with an interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Review all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis
- Supervise & work closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Previous nursing home experience
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Buffalo Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.